Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sneak Preview - Ciara Couture

Designer: Ciara Elend

1. THE GHETTO & HOBO TOTE
No not that ghetto. The Ghetto on Broadway. Taken from an 1890s Broadway poster. Shown in Mushroom. Also available in Moss. Retail Price $65

A stylish hobo tote with handy inner pocket. Soft cotton cords are used as handles. Each bag is slightly different depending on paint drips, splats, etc.

2. BIKER COUPLE & NEWSPAPER TOTE
A part of this design comes from a vintage Eastern-simple match- box label that had a woodblock print of two bikers and a girl. The girl on the back of the bike is just so fabulous. Shown in Blush. Also available in Turquoise. Retail Price $65

This mini newspaper bag is made out of my old canvas drop cloths. Each bag is slightly different depending on paint drips, splats, etc. This design is based on those big newspaper bags that newspaper couriers use.

3. SPRING A cute heart necklace I got at Candy Plum inspired me to create this shirt for Spring. Available in Moss. Retail Price $65

4. BAD APPLES When I saw a photo of a NYC handmade vendor sign, I had to make this BAD APPLES design out of it. I love signs that are drawn by hand, not by computer. Grocer’s signs inspire me. Shown in Turquoise. Also available in Blush. Retail Price $65

5. BLOCK PRINT Hand-carved block print. How could I not do a shirt like this? It’s actually one of my favorite designs. Available in Black. Retail Price $65

No comments: